Thursday 29 October 2015

Fold Forming: Evolution of Colour

 
 After creating my experiments in the post (Beginnings of Fold Forming), I decided to try creating a multiple folded piece, where as the first one was only one fold this would be a 5 fold piece which is more difficult due to the fact that I had to get an even heat through the metal. As well it takes longer for the metal to curve but in the end just before I opened it up to see what new interesting form I had created I noticed the interesting colours caused by the annealing process so instead of putting it in to the pickling tank I left it and when I opened it the colours where incredible
 
I liked the new and varying colours of this new change so much that I have continued using it in much of my later work.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment